Pre Test Driving Lessons
Tallaght Test Centre
It has been a long road so far...you have passed your theory test, you have got your Learner Permit, and you have completed your Essential Driver Training...only one obstacle remains. The Driving Test. You are going to be nervous, that is something that cannot be helped, but are you going to be fully prepared?
We have a great track record in helping drivers prepare for the big day - 98% of people who sit their pre-test with us will go on to pass their driving test, and this rises to a flawless 100% record for our Intensive Pre-Test package of 6.
We are Tallaght Test Centre specialists, and as we work with the Tallaght Routes every day, you know that you are getting the very best preparation for your big day.
So if you are sitting your test in the Tallaght Test Centre choose the type you would like from the list below, you can book your preferred time for your first (or only) lesson, or as always, get in touch if you have any questions.
For payments we accept bank transfer, Revolut, or you can pay on the day.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your learning plan, you can call or WhatsApp us.
Book Online - Tallaght Test Centre
Why is it important?
Sitting even a single Pre-Test can increase your chances of passing your Driving Test dramatically. There are two main reasons for this:
Bad Habits: As you practice your driving with your sponsor you will probably develop a couple of bad habits. Don’t worry, it’s incredibly common, and to be honest most fully licenced drivers have a few as well. Typically an Approved Driving Instructor is far better at spotting these little errors than your sponsor may be...it is our job after all!
Route Knowledge: Not driving the Test Route that your centre uses before doing the test itself is quite simply bonkers. Knowing the route well, and having the trickier spots identified and contingency plans devised will make ALL the difference when you are sitting your exam. Even experienced drivers can make mistakes around roundabouts, and filter traffic lights etc, on routes they don’t know. If you know the route well, it makes easier to simply focus on your technical driving skills, and not fret about what it is coming up next.
Remember, a good Driving Instructor understands how the Testers think, and can give you quality feedback.
Your Car or Mine?
The Car that you do the Pre-Test in should be the same as the car you plan to sit your Driving Test in. The most important thing is to make sure that it is a car that you are familiar with and comfortable in. DO NOT sit your test in a car that you hire that morning that you have driven before. There are all sorts of little differences between cars, from design differences like the side of the steering column that the indicators are on, or where reverse is on the the gear stick, right down down to ‘acquired’ differences such as the biting point of the clutch and the current strength of the brakes. Even very experienced driver can do silly things like hopping the car if they aren’t used to the clutch, or, my personal favourite, turning on the window wipers instead of indicating.
If you have your own car that you have been practising in, or you have been using your sponsors car, use that in both your pre-test and your test. If you have clocked up your 12 hours EDT in one of our cars, hire that as part of one of our pre-test packages (below) and sit your Test in that.
Booking Terms & Conditions
We do have some T&Cs for those who wish to avail of our services, but not too many...
1. Should a customer need to change the date or time of a scheduled lesson we require at least 48 hours’ notice. Should you be unable to give more than 48 hours’ notice and are unable to keep your appointment your lesson fee will still be due for payment and any prepaid lessons will not be refunded.
2. When we take a booking we fully intend to deliver the scheduled lesson, however in very rare circumstances for reasons beyond our control it may be necessary for us to cancel or reschedule a session. In the unlikely event of this occurring we will give you as much notice as possible and attempt to reschedule to a time and date that is convenient for you. Should this not be possible and at the customers’ request the lesson fee if, if prepaid, will be refunded in full.
3. Due to the reduction per session nature of our EDT and Multi-Lesson Pre-Test Packages we are unable to partially refund for missed or incomplete lessons.
4. All purchases are subject to a 14 day cooling off period as long as none of the services have been availed of during that time. If you wish to cancel the order within these 14 days you may do so and any pre-paid amounts will be refunded in full.
5. If upon commencement of the lesson the Instructor deems the pupil to be unfit for driving for any reason such as the effects of drugs or alcohol, the Instructor will not continue with the lesson and the pupil will be liable for the full cost of the booked session.
6. If a customer books an EDT package at least one lesson MUST be completed every two weeks as per best practice guidelines. We will work with every pupil to ensure this is achievable and convenient.
7. Following on from above, when booking a package deal such as an EDT Lesson Bundle or Pre-Test Lesson Bundle please note that the maximum amount of time that can be allowed to elapse between lessons is 6 months. If you do not take a lesson within 6 months of your last session the bundle will be void with no refund. We will work with you to ensure that you are booking your additional lessons in an agreed time-frame in accordance with your learning needs, but ultimately it is up to you to show up!
8. Any and all personal data collected by NSA Driving School will be used solely in accordance with Irish and EU data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any third party without the customer’s explicit consent.
9. NSA Driving School is a registered business in the Republic of Ireland with a company number of 437363. As an Irish Business these terms and conditions are governed by Irish and EU law and any disputes will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.
If you have any questions regarding these T&Cs, please contact us and we will be happy to help!