EDT Driving Lessons
Essential Driver training is the second big step on the road to getting your full drivers licence. By the time you will start your EDT course you will already have passed your theory test and have obtained your learner permit.
We offer everything from single lessons right up to the full package of 12 mandatory EDT Lessons.
Please note that due to the ongoing Level 5 restrictions we are unable to accept online bookings for EDT lessons at the moment - please contact us to discuss your requirements
What is EDT?
In 2011 the government made so that anyone who wants to sit their driving test must get a set of lessons from an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI), which guarantees that they will have a certain level of knowledge and competence when they get around to sitting their test. This is designed to make the road safer for everyone, especially the learner driver!
What does it involve?
The course consists of 12 Lessons, each of which take roughly one hour to complete. The lessons cover critical skills and practical driving techniques, and as you complete the lessons your ADI signs off that the module has been covered in a special Log Book that you will be required to bring to the Testing Centre on the day of your Driving Test to prove that you have completed the course.
How long does the course take to complete?
This can vary depending on the learner driver and how much they can practice the skills learned in EDT. Learning to drive can be daunting, and it certainly needs to be taken seriously, so we will make sure that we are progressing your lesson plan at a rate that suits you, and maximises what you get out of the programme.
Booking Terms & Conditions
We do have some T&Cs for those who wish to avail of our services, but not too many...
1. Should a customer need to change the date or time of a scheduled lesson we require at least 48 hours’ notice. Should you be unable to give more than 48 hours’ notice and are unable to keep your appointment your lesson fee will still be due for payment and any prepaid lessons will not be refunded.
2. When we take a booking we fully intend to deliver the scheduled lesson, however in very rare circumstances for reasons beyond our control it may be necessary for us to cancel or reschedule a session. In the unlikely event of this occurring we will give you as much notice as possible and attempt to reschedule to a time and date that is convenient for you. Should this not be possible and at the customers’ request the lesson fee if, if prepaid, will be refunded in full.
3. Due to the reduction per session nature of our EDT and Multi-Lesson Pre-Test Packages we are unable to partially refund for missed or incomplete lessons.
4. All purchases are subject to a 14 day cooling off period as long as none of the services have been availed of during that time. If you wish to cancel the order within these 14 days you may do so and any pre-paid amounts will be refunded in full.
5. If upon commencement of the lesson the Instructor deems the pupil to be unfit for driving for any reason such as the effects of drugs or alcohol, the Instructor will not continue with the lesson and the pupil will be liable for the full cost of the booked session.
6. If a customer books an EDT package at least one lesson MUST be completed every two weeks as per best practice guidelines. We will work with every pupil to ensure this is achievable and convenient.
7. Following on from above, when booking a package deal such as an EDT Lesson Bundle or Pre-Test Lesson Bundle please note that the maximum amount of time that can be allowed to elapse between lessons is 6 months. If you do not take a lesson within 6 months of your last session the bundle will be void with no refund. We will work with you to ensure that you are booking your additional lessons in an agreed time-frame in accordance with your learning needs, but ultimately it is up to you to show up!
8. Any and all personal data collected by NSA Driving School will be used solely in accordance with Irish and EU data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any third party without the customer’s explicit consent.
9. NSA Driving School is a registered business in the Republic of Ireland with a company number of 437363. As an Irish Business these terms and conditions are governed by Irish and EU law and any disputes will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.
If you have any questions regarding these T&Cs, please contact us and we will be happy to help!